This is a short week. The kids are out of school on Wednesday. We had plans to go to San Diego again and then to go to St. George but in the end I decided to stay here. We’ve been traveling so much and I’m ready to have a few days where we don’t do anything. Robin and Paul are staying in No. Utah so it will just be the four of us. When I tell people that, I see a look of pity cross their faces, but a small Thanksgiving dinner with my kids, no visitors, no traveling. no making arraignments for the dog, is just what the doctor ordered for this weary girl.
I do have a few things to do though before I can relax:
- Mail Paul’s birthday box
- Put finishing touches on Christmas list
- Buy any decorations still needed for our ‘blue’ Christmas
- Giant wreath (I’m sort of losing steam on this one, we’ll see)
- Piece the tops of the two Christmas quilts
- Find a place where I can buy a flocked tree.
The picture above is from my friend Laura’s home. It is the first flocked tree that looked good to me. I can easily picture it with blue and silver decorations.
If I can get all or most of these things done I will be able to chill and enjoy the holiday with my kids. Wish me luck.