Consider Using Sheets
There is nothing like working with good fabric made specifically for quilters however, don’t turn your nose up at sheets or sheet sets.
There are several reasons I like to use bedding:
1. Sheets are almost always 100% cotton that do not shrink.
2. Any prints are made to be heavily used and washed, without fading.
3. They come in great, coordinating sets and if you need a solid, lots of different colors.
4. I get to decide what thread count I want to use.
5. They start in large single pieces so there is no seam nor is there a need for a design on the back.
6. They can be much less expensive that the same amount of fabric from a quilt store.
7. When I want to make a cozy Christmas/Winter quilt, seasonal flannels are awesome.
I love using sheets sometimes. I especially love them for whites and creams. And you can’t beat them for classic stripes and polkdots.
My favorite finds have been at TJ Maxx/Marshall’s and Pottery Barn Kids (clearance).
What is your take? Do you ever use sheets in your quilting?
Photo: PB kids online catalog